Soup of fresh beans.
A dish that you prepare in summer when it is time for fresh beans.
They are fresh beans and dried in Catania are known as "beechnuts pasta".
It can be enjoyed alone with a slice of homemade bread in a stone oven, or you can add the pasta.
Typical dish that has characterized the summers of my childhood: "Fagiola than pasta noodles".
Ingredients: for 4 people:
- 1 kg. of fresh beans;
- 1 Gambo in sedano;
- 1 onion;
- 4 potatoes;
- 4 tomatoes;
- 2 carrots;
- sale q.b.
- olio q.b.
- Remove the peel to the beans and wash them.
- Wash the celery, onion and tomatoes.
- Wash the carrots and potatoes and remove the skin.
- Put the beans in a pot from fresh large diameter.
- Add water to cover the beans and cook for about an hour.
- Then add all the vegetables washed previously cut into small pieces.
- Continue cottura other 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add a little olive oil and impiatta.