Spaghetti carters my way
Dish of traditional Sicilian, eastern Sicily also widespread in Roman cuisine.
The poor man's dish was the old carters base of spaghetti with chilli garlic oil.
There are variants with addition of other ingredients such as tomatoes.
I propose that the spaghetti was preparing my father and he called carrettiera.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 400 Article. Spaghetti;
- 4 tomatoes;
- 100 Article. black olives;
- 1 aubergine black;
- 1 paprika;
- sale q.b.;
- olio e.v.o. q.b.;
- ½ white onion;
- grated Parmesan cheese q.b.
- Wash the eggplant and cut it into chunks.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Lava onion and red pepper and cut into small pieces.
- In a pan fry the eggplant and then put it in a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Then in the same pan add a little olive oil and sauté the onion, tomatoes and olives for a few minutes time to soften the onion.
- In the pan with the tomatoes and onion add the eggplant.
- Aside from cooking spaghetti al dente and drain them.
- Add the drained spaghetti to the pan and sauté over a low heat for a few minutes.
- Put in the pot and add the red pepper and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.