Baked rice with eggplant and bacon
If you like the carbonara pasta but do not want to try the baked risotto alla carbonara!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 350 Article. Rice;
- 100 Article. bacon;
- 1 aubergine black;
- 100 Article. di parmigiano grattugiato;
- 100 Article. ragusana of provolone or other hard cheese;
- 1 egg;
- sale q.b.;
- olio e.v.o. q.b.
- Lava le melanzane, cut them in slices and let them soak in salt water.
- Scolale and dries the water.
- In a pan fry the eggplant in hot oil.
- Apart from the rice cooker.
- When the rice is cooked, add to the pot cheese and bacon into small pieces and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and a few slices of fried eggplant, cut into strips.
- Mix all the ingredients with rice.
- Put the rice in a pan and add a few slices of fried eggplant whole not in pieces.
- So on top add 1 beaten egg and grated parmesan that serve to unify the ingredients (in catanese “ncumari”).
- Put the pan in the oven 180 gradi per circa 10 minutes, time to brown the egg.
- When the top has formed a crust come out of the oven.