Pasta with anchovies and breadcrumbs (Manhood and muddica)
A traditional Sicilian dish with anchovies in dialect called "masculini" blue fish at reasonable prices, and toasted breadcrumbs (muddica atturrata).
Someone made with pine nuts or with the addition of sultanas (raisin).
I propose a recipe my mom with simple ingredients and simple.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 400 Article. short pasta (fusilli, pens);
- 300 Article. di male;
- 4 tomatoes;
- 100 Article. di pangrattato;
- sale q.b.;
- olio e.v.o. q.b.;
- a bunch of wild fennel (Finocchiu Rizzu)
- Put the breadcrumbs in a pan and make toast for about 5 minutes until it becomes dark.
- Wash the fennel and place in a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Remove the fennel and cut into pieces scolalo.
- The water of fennel is thrown serves to cook pasta.
- Wash your masculini under water, remove the head with the bone and cut into two parts.
- In another pan, add the chopped tomatoes, the masculini and fennel and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the other ingredients in the pan with the breadcrumbs.
- Spatula for a few minutes.