Pasta "co MACC dimension"
A dish prepared with dry peas, macco pea, Sicilian "u maccu re pusedda" which differs from macco of dried beans.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 Article. di ditalini;
- 1 cipolla bianca;
- 500 Article. dried peas;
- olio e.v.o. q.b.;
- sale q.b.;
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda.
- Put the peas in a container to soak the night before cooking.
- In a large pot add the peas and add plenty of water to cover completely.
- Add baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Started cooking the peas will surface in a white foam.
- Remove the foam with a wooden spoon.
- Add a little oil e.v.o. and continue cooking for another 40/45 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cooking continues.
- Stir often because the "macco" sticks to the pan with ease.
- When the pasta is cooked, remove from heat and pour into the pot.