Dish of traditional Sicilian, made with fried eggplant prepared especially during the summer. To be enjoyed either hot or cold.
On this plate has been said and written of all.
It discusses the origins (Sicilian, Parmense the Napoletana) but also on the ingredients and the preparation. I propose that the parmigiana prepared my mom.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 melanzane nere;
- 1 kg. of tomato sauce;
- 100 Article. ham;
- 4 eggs;
- 150 Article. of peppery fresh;
- 150 Article. di parmigiano grattugiato;
- a few basil leaves;
- sale q.b.;
- olio e.v.o. q.b.
- Lava le melanzane, cut them in slices and let them soak in salt water.
- The part prepares 3 hard-boiled eggs ( 1 put it away, leaving raw) and cook the tomato puree.
- Drain the eggplant and dry the water.
- In a pan fry the eggplant in hot oil.
- In a roasting pan or baking dish you have the slices of eggplant.
- Eggplant add the tomato puree, slices of ham, cheese, cut into pieces, a few slices of hard-boiled egg and a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Form a second layer with eggplant and repeat, adding the ingredients of the first.
- Form a third layer and repeat.
- On the top add 1 beaten egg and grated parmesan that serve to unify the ingredients (in catanese “ncumari”).
- Put the pan in the oven 180 gradi per circa 10 minutes, time to brown the egg.
- When the top has formed a crust come out of the oven.