Turnovers chocolate or white cream
Typical sweet Catania made of pastry filled with chocolate cream or white cream.
It is customary to eat for breakfast.
Ingredients for 8 panzerotti:
With the pasta:
- 1 kg. flour 00;
- 500 Article. sugar;
- 300 Article. di burro;
- 100 Article. lard;
- 10 Article. ammonia;
- 1 glass of milk;
- Sale q.b.
- Powdered sugar q.b. for dusting at the end;
- 1 egg for brushing before baking.
For the chocolate cream:
- 3 eggs;
- 8 cucchiai di zucchero;
- 6 tablespoons of flour 00;
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa;
- ½ pint of milk.
Preparation of chocolate cream:
- In a saucepan, pour the egg yolks, sugar and stir.
- Add the flour a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add the cocoa.
- Add the milk and continue to mix.
- Put all the mixture on the stove over medium heat and continue to run until you get a thick cream and homogeneous.
- Let the dough rest and prepares
For the white cream works the same must not add the cocoa.
Preparing the dough:
- In a bowl, pour the ingredients mix well to get a soft dough.
- Put in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- On a (okay the kitchen table) stretch the dough with a rolling pin.
- Form of diskettes with the aid of a glass or a lid of a jar and to make the base of larger disks to cover.
- Based on put the cream (white or chocolate).
- Cover with the larger disks and close.
- Brush with egg and put bake at 180 degrees for hot 25/30 minutes.
- When cool sprinkle with powdered sugar.
To recognize those turnovers white chocolate put over a small ball of dough.