A second alternative that is prepared in a simple and fast with ingredients available in all homes. The recipe from Campania is now known throughout Italy and widespread in Sicily.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 16 slices of bread;
- 3 mozzarella fior di latte;
- 2 eggs;
- 100 Article. di pangrattato;
- olio e.v,o.q.b.;
- sale q.b.
- Cut the edges of the slices of bread.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices.
- In a bowl prepare the beaten eggs with a pinch of salt in another dish and the breadcrumbs.
- On a slice of bread you have the cheese without letting it get out from the edges.
- Put on top of the other slice and pass first in beaten egg and then in bread crumbs.
- Then put in a pan with hot oil and fry.
- Put in a plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil.