A triumph of colors and flavors!
It 'a typical summer dish, but there is the buffet table of diners and restaurants serving typical Sicilian cuisine, even during the winter.
It 'a great appetizer, but also a very good contour, to eat with a slice of homemade bread baked in a stone oven with. It can be served warm, but is also delicious cold.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 melanzane nere;
- 4 pepperoni (green and yellow);
- 500 Article. ripe tomatoes;
- 1 red onion;
- 1 Gambo in sedano;
- 200 Article. black olives;
- 1 cup of vinegar;
- Olio extravergine d’oliva;
- Sale q.b.;
- Sugar q.b.;
- 20 Article. raisins;
- 2 carrots;
- 20 Article. pine nuts;
- 20 Article. capers.
The vegetables must fry separately as they have different cooking times.
- Lava melanzane, peppers, the onion, il sedano, carrots and tomatoes.
- Cut the eggplant into cubes and dry them and fry in olive oil.
- Cut the peppers into small pieces, after removing the seeds fry them in oil e.v.o.
- Put the already fried vegetables on a plate.
- If you do not want to dirty another pan and want to use the same, take care to dispose of the oil, to clean out the pan and add more oil again.
- Soffriggi in a little oil the onion, celery and carrots cut into small pieces.
- At this point all the vegetables cooked separately join in one pan.
- Add chopped tomatoes, le olive, capers, pine nuts. l’uvetta, lo zucchero e l’aceto.
- It mixes over a low heat, time to dissolve the sugar and mix well.
- Remove from heat