Iris chocolate or white cream
The iris is a typical cake from Catania fried pastry filled with cream or white chocolate to taste.
E 'ideal for breakfast but you can also enjoy a snack.
If you prepare small type morsels are perfect for sweetening a dessert buffet at birthday parties. If you do not have time to prepare the buns in the house you can make the iris with milk rolls ready.
Ingredients for 10 iris:
- 10 milk rolls;
- water q.b.;
- breadcrumbs q.b.;
- olio e.v.o. q.b. for frying;
Ingredients for the chocolate cream:
- 3 eggs;
- 8 cucchiai di zucchero;
- 6 tablespoons of flour OO;
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa;
- ½ pint of milk.
Preparation of chocolate cream:
- In a saucepan, pour the egg yolks, sugar and stir.
- Add the flour a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add the cocoa.
- Add the milk and continue to mix.
- Put all the mixture on the stove over medium heat and continue to run until you get a thick cream and homogeneous.
- Let the dough rest and prepares.
For the white cream works the same must not add the cocoa.
Preparation of iris:
- Prima prepared cream.
- Get milk rolls and size with the help of a knife a piece of the lower part.
- Keep this piece and then close.
- Remove the bread from the inside and fill the sandwich with cream or white chocolate to taste.
- Knead the flour with water to form a batter is not too runny.
- Recloses and passes the first sandwich in the batter of flour and water and then in bread crumbs.
- Put in a pan with hot oil and fry.
- Put in a plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
To recognize the white iris those chocolate is sufficient to remove a circle of breadcrumbs at the top of the iris.