Typical recipe from Catania, the cauliflower is cooked with water that releases the same vegetable, together with the onion and pepper that make it very tasty, you add a little water.
Hence the name of "bastaddu affucatu". It can be a side dish, an excellent dressing for a pasta like fusilli or macaroni stripes, but it is perfect as a filling which are driven out of the queens of our tables during the Christmas season.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 cauliflower big;
- 150 Article. peppery hard;
- 1 long bunch of onion;
- Sale q.b.;
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil;
- 2 glasses of plain water;
- 1 glass of red wine.
- In a saucepan, add the onion, washed and cut into strips.
- Add the cauliflower already been washed and cut into pieces ,the peppery hard pieces, a pinch of salt, l’olio e.v.o. a strati.
- Finally, add the two glasses of water and put it on the fire for about 50 minutes and cover with a lid.
- When almost cooked, deglaze with red wine.
Note: You can also add anchovies to your taste.
I prefer not to add them as the peppery and salty is already enough to taste.