is a simple and light dessert known throughout Italy, but is particularly common in Sicily, Valle d'Aosta and Sardinia.
Already known in the Middle Ages, according to some it was imported by the Arabs, and this widespread in Sicily. The main ingredients are sugar and starch milk. But there are several variants with almond milk instead of cow's milk, with the flour instead of 'starch.
You can also add a vanilla bean and decorate with chopped almonds or pistachio.
I propose the recipe of my mother without flavors made only with simple ingredients and always available.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- ½ pint of milk;
- 100 Article. flour 00;
- 2 cucchiai di zucchero.
- In a saucepan, pour the milk and sugar.
- Put on the stove over a medium flame.
- Add the flour a little at a time to rain slowly while continuing to mix the milk with a wooden spoon.
- Dopo circa 8/10 minutes the mixture is solid remove from heat and pour in 4 containers of pudding.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 15/20 minutes.
- Then flip.
You can enjoy the natural, ideal for smaller, or with a dusting of cocoa powder.