ARANCINI AL lambs'
Sicilian rice balls have a controversial origin.
The origin is according to Catania Catania and Palermo in accordance with the Palermo.
The only thing certain is that they are delicious and can be found in delis suits, bars and bakeries of my wonderful island.
The traditional recipe calls for stuffing with meat sauce, but today there are versions with butter, chicken, spinach with eggplant, pistachio and even nutella. A Palermo found arancina round shape, reminiscent of the orange.
In Catania the arancinu (arancino) has a conical shape that recalls the Etna.
I propose the recipe of the "arancini co sugu" as they prepared my mom and shaped like a cone as "my mountain".
Makes about 15 arancini:
- 1 kg. rice;
- 200 Article. di parmigiano grattugiato;
- 200 Article. ragusana of provolone or Swiss cheese;
- 2 Past tomatoes;
- 500 Article. of beef (cut into small pieces but not minced);
- 500 Article. of minced meat and pork (you can use it without the sausage casings);
- 2 carrots;
- 1 cipolla bianca;
- 1 Gambo in sedano;
- 100 Article. Pea (freschi o surgelati);
- olio e.v.o. q.b.
- sale q.b.
- 200 Article, flour 00;
- 3 eggs for breading;
- 200 Article. di pan grattato.
To begin we must prepare the sauce:
- Finely chop the vegetables and let cook with the oil in a frying pan.
- When the onion is golden combine the meat and let cook.
- Add the tomato puree.
- Halfway through cooking, add the peas not cooked (if they are simply frozen thawed previously).
- Cook over moderate heat until the meat is well cooked.
- Cook the rice separately, when it is cooked add the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Put the rice in the palm of your hand and add a spoonful of sauce and a few pieces of cheese cut into cubes earlier.
- Add more rice to cover and the typical form of a cone.
- At this point you rest for 4/5 ore in frigorifero, the ideal would be also a night.
- After passing the cooled rice balls one at a time first in a plate with a mixture of water and flour.
- Then pass the arancini in a dish with eggs already beaten and then in a dish with bread crumbs.
- Then dip in hot oil in a deep fryer or in a pan with high sides and stir fry.
- Get the arancini one at a time with a slotted spoon and appoggiali on absorbent paper.