A banished ca Tuma and spinach (outcast with Tuma and spinach)
Outcast can not miss on the tables of Catania for Christmas Eve.
The classic is with Tuma and anchovies.
But also prepared with potatoes and tomatoes, Tuma and spinach, broccoli and sausage, with cauliflower stews (bastaddi affucati) and other variations suggested by the imagination or taste of grandmothers Catania who spent the day of Christmas Eve to prepare driven.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 500 Article. flour 00;
- 500 Article. semolina flour;
- 125 Article. margarine;
- 1/2 glass of milk;
- 1 cube of yeast;
- sale q.b.;
- water q.b.;
- 1 spoonful of sugar.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 kg, di spinaci;
- 500 Article. of Tuma;
- 150 Article. black olives;
- a bunch of long onion;
- olio e.v.o. q.b.
- Form a volcano with the flour.
- In the middle put the margarine and baking powder.
- Knead the flour, adding the milk and a little warm water, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Kneads and meanwhile add a little 'time to warm water.
- Form a ball and wrap with greaseproof paper on which you put the flour to prevent sticking the dough dough to paper.
- Wrap it all with a blanket or plaid for 2 hours, the time required for the dough to rise.
- When the dough has finished rising put on a plane and stretch a part of the dough with a rolling pin.
- Roll out the dough on a baking tray with greaseproof paper and make some holes with a fork on the rolled out dough and then put the ingredients.
- Apart from cooking the spinach and let them drain.
- Add the cheese Tuma chopped, spinach, the raw onions washed and cut previously and olives with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Take another piece of dough and roll it with a rolling pin.
- Wets the edges of the base of the dough on the baking sheet with water and stretch over the second piece of dough to cover the whole outcast.
- Roll up the edges and press to adhere the two sides that will stick with water.
- Make with a fork holes scattered on top of the banished and put in oven.
- When it is cooked out and chased the brush it with some olive oil the top of the banished.